NOTICE TO GRAD SCHOOL APPLICANTS
Admission to the School of Computational Science and Engineering is contingent on there being a faculty advisor interested in working with the applicant as his/her graduate student. Applicants are therefore encouraged to approach CSE-affiliated faculty working in areas of interest to them to discuss the possibility of admission in parallel with submission of an application.
In order to ensure full consideration, all applications for admission in May and September 2018 must be received by February 1, 2018. Applications will continue to be accepted until the dates indicated in the table below.
Visa - October 1, 2018
Visa - February 1, 2019
Visa - June 1, 2019
Applications are processed once all documents are received.
Applications are only accepted for September entry for the course based program.
Applications are only accepted for September and May entry for the coursework and project program.
All documents must be received by the specified deadline dates noted above for each session
Application Check List:
1. Application for admission to School of Graduate Studies (SGS). For September 2018 enty the system will open November 1, 2017
The online application system will allow you to monitor your supporting document list as well as your application status. It is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete.
2. Certified copy of transcript (1): One official transcript of academic work completed to date, sent directly from the issuing institution. If the final transcript does not show that a completed degree has been conferred, an official copy of your diploma is also required. This document must be sent in the original sealed envelope provided by the issuing institution. In addition to the hard copy you should upload all your transcripts to your online application.
3. English language proficiency certification requirement. Candidates must have the minimum requirements as stated below. We will accept one of the following:
*in addition to having an original English language proficiency test sent, please also upload a copy of your Test Scores with your online application
**If you have completed post-secondary education at a North American University the English language proficiency requirement will be waived upon receipt of original transcripts
92 (iBT - internet based)
6.5 score overall
4. Statement of Interest (1 page document which indicates your interest in pursuing graduate studies with the School of Computational Science and Engineering) - must be uploaded on the online application - do not send a hard copy.
5. Resume - must be uploaded to your online application before submitting.
6. Application fee: $100 in Canadian funds by credit card through the on-line system. Application fees are non-refundable and will not be waived.
7. Two confidential letters of recommendation from instructors most familiar with your academic work. Please note that McMaster University uses the Electronic Referencing System. By entering the email address of your referee through the online application, the system will automatically send an e-Reference request on your behalf. If for some reason you are unable to use the Electronic Referencing System, you can download the Reference form here
"Recommendations must be provided directly from the instructors."
Two confidential letters from instructors most familiar with your academic work. Reference letters from employers will not be accepted as replacements for academic references.
Note: Documents must be official and will not be returned to applicants. All documentation submitted in support of your application for admission becomes the property of the University. Applications from one year are not held over to another year. If an unsuccessful applicant wishes to reapply, a new application package, including supporting documentation and application fee must be submitted. If an applicant is not accepted, or fails to enroll following acceptance, the identifiable documentation will be destroyed at the end of the admissions cycle, in keeping with university policy
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL ALL MATERIALS ARE RECEIVED - WE DO NOT ANSWER EMAILS REGARDING THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION - THIS CAN BE CHECKED ONLINE - IT CAN TAKE SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER THE DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED FOR THE STATUS TO BE CHANGED.
Please forward your application documents directly to the School of Computational Science and Engineering:
School of Computational Science and Engineering
1280 Main Street West – HH/218